Saturday, May 13, 2006

Chesswas Watch

I was recently google searching Chesswas and came across this at ebay:



This wristwatch has the name Chesswas marked on the inside of the watch face, and I assume that AE Chesswas & Sons jewellers had something to do with its construction. So fir the first time I placed a bid on ebay, then had to place another couple of bids thanks to competition, but came away with a win and the watch arrived in the post a week ago. It's an old-fashioned wind-up watch which goes as if it was made yesterday. Pretty cool to have a watch with my name marked on the face, especially with a name as rare as ours!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gimme, i want it.

Anonymous said...

awesome fella I know the guy that runs the place he may be fascinated to hear about it

Oh and i want it too

Anonymous said...

Oh and i can get you a fine Chesswas monikered box to place that in it was my Great Uncle Alberts Store. I have a picture of him somewhere in his rolls royce outside.

A. J. Chesswas said...

Hey Graham I don't seem to have your email address... Did your hotmail address expire?

Drop me a line A J Chesswas at maxnet dot co dot nz

Anonymous said...

no mate its fine and the watch pic has dissapeared wanted a copy of it.

Graham Chesswas said...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advertising-Pocket-Watch-Key-A-E-Chesswas-Elland-Yorkshire-no-6-/300651239006

I missed out on this :(